Knowledge is Power!
As your trusted oral healthcare providers, we want to arm you with knowledge. The more you know about dental problems, health risks, and oral health issues, the more prepared you’ll be to take care of yourself. These articles provide easy-to-understand information about many aspects of dentistry and oral health. Simply click on a topic below to read the articles, and give us a call if you have any questions or concerns.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Maryland State Dental Association
- State Board of Dental Examiners
- Pankey Institute
- Charitable organizations: www.smiletrain.com; www.operationsmile.com
- Fahl Institute
- Fluff, but fun websites: www.flossing.org, www.toothfairy.org
- Web site for kids: http://www.adha.org/kidstuff/index.html.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Oral Cancer information: http://www.medhelp.org/NIHlib/GF-458.html http://www.yulbrynnerfoundation.org/; http://spohnc.org/, http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/.
- National Coalition for Cancer
- Cancer Terminology Dictionary (from National Cancer Institute)
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (formally National Institute of Dental Research at National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD)
- Stanford University Oral Health information
- Columbia University Oral Health Information
- American Academy of Periodontology Consumer information on Periodontal Disease and effect on overall body health
- Consumer’s Guide to Dental Insurance from the California Dental Association
- Oral Health information for Older Americans from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Nutritional Guide after dental surgery